Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Custom Photo Jewelry

A gift of photo jewelry can be a one-of-a-kind gift.  A necklace with a photo of your child, your husband, your dog or cat, or your flower garden is truly a truly unique gift.  It will be a gift that is treasured and used for years.  There are different kinds of jewelry available such as necklaces, rings, Italian charm bracelets, dangling charm bracelets, key chains, cuff links, and belt buckles.  You can make the jewelry yourself or you can pay for someone to make the custom jewelry for you.  The jewelry can be made from pewter, stainless steel, silver and other metals or from glass or wood or even from a bottle cap.   More information can be found on photo jewelry at http://www.squidoo.com/photojewelry.

Following is a video I made with some jewelry I made.  I purchased the bracelet links and pendants and the software to correctly size the photos.  I printed out the photos I wanted to use, cut them out and glued them to the base.  Then I coated them with a resin coating and let them dry.  The resin magnified the photos and made them easier to see.  This jewelry is very personal and keeps the things that are important to me close to me when I wear them.


No comments:

Post a Comment