Monday, November 22, 2010

My Memorable Gift

When I was a girl most of the girls had fashion dolls to play with.  My parents gave me a doll that could be made into a bed doll.  Most of the other girls had Barbie dolls.  The doll I had didn't have jointed legs.  The doll was made of hard plastic and was designed to be dressed once and placed on display, not to be dressed over and over again.

Then one Christmas I opened a gift to find a Tammy Doll.  Tammy dolls are more realistic and look more like the average girl than Barbie dolls.  My mother had made several pieces of clothing for the doll.  The Tammy Doll was a precious gift to me since I knew my parents were limited in the money available to purchase toys.  I knew my mother spent many hours making the clothes.  They wanted me to fit in with the other girls and to have a doll to play with like the other girls had.

I have wondered if Barbie dolls have not given an illusion of what the ideal woman should look like that is impossible for a healthy woman to look like.  Tammy dolls show a more healthy beauty.

If you are concerned for your daughter's self-image, perhaps a Tammy doll might be a better choice than a Barbie doll.  Tammy dolls are available in eBay auctions and could make a very memorable gift for someone you love.

Learn more about Tammy dolls here:  Tammy Dolls

No comments:

Post a Comment